The process of registration for a company in Indonesia depends on different types of companies. Here are ten (10) stages of doing before you get to start your business.
- The Preparation Stage.
The three (3) things you must do here include:
- Consult with the professional agency regarding the scope of company’s establishment, all costs, and other procedures and requirements.
- Fill the form out.
- Charge the Power of Attorney.
- The Company Name’s Filing.
You need to attach these three (3) things:
- The original form and establishment of power of attorney.
- The head of the company’s Family Card’s copy or KK.
- The company founders and management’s ID cards.
- The Name and Registration’s Approval.
The Notary carries out the registration process. It is to obtain approval from the Minister of Justice and Human Rights of Indonesia. It is following the Law Number 40/2007 and the Government Regulation Number 26/1998 on PT (Perseroan Terbatas or Limited Liability Company).
- The Establishment of the Deed of Company Establishment.
The Notary also conducts the establishment of the deed of company establishment, which is later to be approved by the Minister of Justice and Human Rights.
- The Domicile’s Certificate.
Get this certificate from the local urban office regarding your company’s address as a proof that it exists.
- The Taxpayer’s Identification Number or NPWP.
You can get your company’s NPWP made by obtaining it from submitting your application to the Head of Tax Service Office. Here are the steps you need to do here:
- For Individual Taxpayers:
Get your ID’s copy that proves you’re an Indonesian citizen, passport’s copy if you are a foreigner, certificates from authorized agencies for foreigners, and certificate of the place of business activities, also from an authorized institution.
- For the Board Taxpayer(s):
It needs a copy of the deed of establishment, latest amendment, a copy of your ID Card as a legal citizen, a passport’s copy for foreigners, a residence certificate from the authorized institution, business from the authorized agency.
- The Approval of The Legalisation to The Minister of Justice and Human Rights of Indonesia.
To obtain the ratification of the Company’s Articles of Association of the Deed of Establishment, apply it to the Minister of Justice and Human Rights of Indonesia.
- The Trading Business License-Making
The process of obtaining this takes less than ten days. Fill the SIUP form out before submitting it to the Regional Office of Trade and Industry.
- The Corporate Registration Process or TDP.
Get copies of investment approval permit from BKPM if your company involves foreign workers, Deed of Establishment and Amendment, company domicile certificate or SIUP, and the board’s ID cards and passports if the board consists of foreigners. Do not forget the Decree of the Minister of Law and Human Rights and a report regarding the change of the original deed.
- The Announcement in The Official Report.
Once the whole nine stages are done, the approval from the Minister of Law and Human Rights comes in the official news that the company obtains their Legal Entity.
Although the process of registering a company in Indonesia seems long, it is still necessary if you wish to start a business here.