The development of the internet-based world is increasingly bolted to give such a significant impact for the world, not to mention Indonesia. One visible effect is the emergence of smartphones with their increasing sophistication. Not only that, but the changes have also been evident in various sectors of the country, especially the economy.
The changes are marked by the emergence of new companies, or better known as start-ups. Indeed, the existence of those new companies is enough to help overcome the high unemployment rate in the country. Nevertheless, not a few found that some new companies were established without going through the proper procedure. In fact, to be legally recognized in the eyes of the law, every company established must meet all the requirements and procedures of a PT (Limited Liability Company) establishment.
Step-by-step on company registration in Indonesia
If you search company registration in Indonesia on the internet, you will find one agreement. Every website shows more or less similar result regarding this. Therefore, before you decide to start a new business, here are the procedures and requirements on company registration in Indonesia you should know.
- Have the deed of PT establishment done by a notary. This deed will then be delivered to the Ministry of Law and Human Rights for approval. If appropriate, the Ministry of Law and Human Rights will issue a letter of approval.
- Furthermore, the deed and the letter of approval shall be submitted to the District Court according to the domicile of the company to be established. There, the deed will be registered on the book of PT registry by an authorized party. Then, the relevant party will issue a proof of registration of your PT.
- All files are then sent to the Government Printing Office which issues the issuance of the Supplement to the Official Gazette of the Republic of Indonesia. If the Government Printing Office has made a publication, your company has officially become a PT.
- Get your business license in the form of Trade Business License (SIUP) and Company Registration Certificate (TDP). Generally, the issuance of these two licenses takes ten weekdays.
- Decide the business field of the company following the Classification of Indonesian Business Class Standards or KBLI. Indeed, the company you founded also has its business focus. KBLI is a code which will be written on your company’s SIUP and TDP.
- Do not forget that you must also have a Certificate of Business Domicile (SKDU). This letter indicates that the location you use as a place to set up your company has been known and approved by the local urban village office (Kantor Kelurahan).
- The company must also have a Taxpayer Identification Number (NPWP) that you can have at the local Tax Office (KPP). There are some files you need to submit to get your company’s NPWP.
8. Finally, prepare your employment BPJS certification for your PT (based on the newest regulation on company registration in Indonesia). You may do the registration via online. So, you do not have to go to a local BPJS office to do so.
Choose only the most trusted law firm to help you register your company as a PT
To register your company as a PT, search company registration in Indonesia and consider a trusted law firm to help you set up your PT. One of the most reliable ones is company-registration.co.id. Further details on the company registration in Indonesia are here.