The economic climate in Indonesia is quite conducive. That’s what makes a lot of expats interested in developing business in this country. Also, since the enactment of the ASEAN Economic Community (AEC) by the end of 2015, the government opened many opportunities for foreign investors.
In this case, Limited Stay Permit Card (better known as KITAS) often filed by the expatriates who want to establish their business empire in Indonesia. So, here is an overview of how to get KITAS Work Permit in Indonesia.
Limited Stay Permit (KITAS/ITAS)
This stay permit may be granted to:
- The foreigner who enter the territory of Indonesia with limited stay visa.
- Children of limited stay permit holder that born in Indonesia.
- The foreigner who has transferred the status of the visit permits.
- The ship’s crew or foreign experts who are working in Indonesian territorial waters or jurisdictions.
- The foreigner who legally marry Indonesian citizen.
- Children of a foreigner who has been legally married to an Indonesian citizen.
- The foreigner who will invest.
- The foreigner who will organize scientific research.
Types of KITAS in Indonesia
According to the new Immigration Law that issued in 2011, there are three types of KITAS most commonly proposed by foreigners.
- KITAS Work Permit
To get a KITAS work permit in Indonesia, you must be sponsored. The sponsors may come from local Indonesian companies or organizations registered in Indonesia; including Limited Liability Company, PT. PMA (Foreign Owned Company), public or private institutions.
- KITAS Wedding Visa
Since this type of visa is not a work visa, you can only use it to stay in Indonesia. This type of KITAS is obtained by foreigners who are legally married to Indonesian citizens. The foreigners will get sponsorship from their spouses to take care of the family visa KITAS.
- KITAS Retirement Visa
This type of visa may be filed by a foreigner who wishes to spend their retirement in Indonesia. With a condition: your age must be at least 55 years or older. You must first enter Indonesia on a tourist visa. Then you can apply for a retirement visa after one month stays in Indonesia.
Applying for a KITAS Work Permit
To obtain this permit, you must get an IMTA (Permit Hiring Foreign Workers) first. This can be done by confirming the position and location of your work at the sponsoring company in Indonesia.
Also, IMTA can only be processed if the sponsor has paid DKP-TKA (Foreign Compensation Use Fund for Foreign Personnel) amounting to 100 USD per month. After that, the foreigner can get IMTA approval, which means she/he can work in Indonesia legally. The next stage is applying for a limited stay permit to the immigration. The conditions that must be attached:
- Application letter
- Statement letter from the guarantor/sponsor
- Photocopy of passport (full color)
- Payment proof of Non-Tax State Revenue (PNBP)
- The applicant’s photo
Since bureaucratic issues are not an easy thing to do, Company Registration Co. ID offers an easy solution for you. With more than 15 years of experience, this company will make your permit arrangements complete in no time.